kinesicist: ([Batgirl]Unmasked)
Cassandra Cain ([personal profile] kinesicist) wrote2011-12-07 01:13 am
Entry tags:

(no subject)

I can feel the dawn coming, I can sense it in my bones and in my blood even without a clock or Barbara telling me- no, ordering me to come home. The island acts on instinct rather than words waking naturally or with the animals and falling into bed when tired. I cannot do that, I have to be better and push through. I am tired, I can feel it but I am also- hnnn, excited at what is waiting for me at home.

No, not what- who. Stephanie. I knew and I didn't know, it is hard to explain with words how I feel. She makes me feel like I am home. She makes me feel like I can be redeemed, like I can be normal. I don't know how to tell him or what to tell him. I don't think I will. World's Greatest Detective. He will figure it out and when he does he will speak to me with his body and I will know. For now, like the island, I have to act on instinct and it is telling me to go home... to Steph.

I creep through our home silently and move into the room, discarding my mask and closing the door behind me. My uniform is the only thing I take my time with to fold, it is precious but I know the rest of my clothes are littering the floor waiting for Alfred to come and tidy (but he won't, he's not here.). I reach behind me, feeling fresh bruises as I slip my belt off and suit. Pulling each layer down and off and placing them to one side until I am naked. I know she is awake, I can feel her eyes. I walk to her and flop bonelessly into our bed, lying face down on a pillow as I stretch my hand out, reaching for her tiredly.

"Nngggh," I manage to make a noise buried in the fabric before my hand reaches something warm and soft.

Home, Steph, Alive.

My favourite words.

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-07 03:47 am (UTC)(link)
She'd stayed at the party late, though it'd lost some of its luster after Cass had left for patrolling and she'd had her talk with Valkyrie. Still, better than pottering about at home with Bruce for hours, and she wasn't in the mood to go prowling for Damian. When she finally got home, she'd fretted about pjs for a bit there. Obviously, no pajamas is way too forward, even if Cass didn't wear pajamas and it wasn't like she hadn't seen Steph changing and whatever. But still, even if Cass had seen her at her absolute worse she wanted to look...nice. As if she were pretty enough, this might make sense as a real romantic thing and not just misinterpreted friendship or whatever else her subconscious was cooking up.

Whatever, that was a line of thought chock full of self-sabotage, so Steph just climbed into bed in a pair of bat boxer shorts and a tank top with a book to occupy her mind. She sat up reading in the light of the bedside lamp and tried to keep things simple.

Cass likes her. Really likes her. Because Stephanie Brown is absolutely a person who deserves to be liked that way, and if her pesky inner self doesn't believe that then it needs to just shut up and sit down. If Cass knows the worst parts of her and can still look at her let alone kiss her, then that says something. Stephanie can count on that and work on that whole self-worth thing later.

At the opening of the door, Steph looks up and puts her book away. Smiles at the sight of her and waggles her fingers in a greeting, then bites her lip as she watches Cass strip out of her suit. It is...like every other time she's seen Cass naked. Yet not.

Smiling self-consciously, she glances away then looks back at her as she flops onto the bed. Steph reaches to push the hair lightly out of Cass's face as Cass's hand rests on her thigh.

"Interrupted lots of island muggings? Stopped an island Arkham breakout?"

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-07 01:01 pm (UTC)(link)
"Nope, just people dancing and drinking and celebrating civic achievements." Steph smiles at the poke of her toes, then nudges her and moves to sit up properly in the bed. "C'mon, shift up, I'll give you a shoulder rub."

She'd been thinking that they would have to talk about this whole thing. That it was going to be either swooning romantic or exceedingly awkward. But Cass is just perfectly herself, and it all feels...normal. Comfortable.

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-07 02:01 pm (UTC)(link)
Settling her thighs on either side of Cass, Steph slides her hands up along the length of her back. The skin is warm under her hands, and she can feel the thin lines of old scars crisscrossing over her skin. Every mark is a trial she's gone through, an injury she's had to survive. They've made her strong, made her Cass. She's imperfect but so, so beautiful.

"Maybe." Drawing her thumbs over Cass's muscles, Stephanie leans forward to brush a kiss over an old scar gone pale. Then she pulls back enough to look at her, keeping her hands on her back like she doesn't want to stop touching her. "Lulling us into complacency? It's possible. But if whoever, whatever is doing this wanted us to suffer they'd send worse than toys. So I don't know."

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-08 02:58 pm (UTC)(link)
A little thrill goes through her at Cass's hand on her leg. It's been a long time since anyone's touched her with any casual intimacy. Tim had always been ...well, their make-out sessions had always been nice, but focused and brief. This was different.

"Maybe the toys, but not the carnival that appeared in a few hours. That had to be magic. I would've liked you to be here for that. It was fun." She presses another kiss to the nape of he neck then set to kneading Cass's shoulders in long strokes, trying to work out the knots. "I miss Gotham too. People are nice here but it's not the same."

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-08 05:53 pm (UTC)(link)
Cass's hand is increasingly distracting, warm and just there in a very appealing sort of way. Steph squirms ever so slightly but tries not to do anything and just let Cass do what she wants. No pressure, no expectations. Because Steph had been there with guys who clearly had one thing in mind and the pressure they'd put on her to get it. She wants better for Cass than what she'd had. Wants to do things right.

"You're right. It will be amazing fun too," She smiles against her skin and rests her head against Cass's shoulder. "I miss her too," she says as she brings her hand up to rub along Cass's neck to sooth the tight muscles there too. It might be difficult here for Babs in the chair, but she could manage it. She's Oracle, she can manage pretty much anything. "I missed having you in Gotham, even if we talked while you were in Hong Kong. But you're here now. We can make up for lost time."

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-08 09:05 pm (UTC)(link)
The sound Cass had just made was possibly, scratch that, definitely the hottest sound Steph's ever heard. She could happily spend the rest of her life coaxing sounds like that out of Cass, and repeats the motion before using her fingertips to rub little circles along her hairline than down her spine.

"Of course he does." She brushes a kiss to her shoulder, and, it's just a little thing but, wow, Steph can't believe she's allowed to do this. "You're amazing. He knows that. He trusts you more than nearly anyone. I missed you in Gotham, but you had your own city. That's big league."

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-09 04:14 pm (UTC)(link)
She blinks in surprise at the sudden movement because, whoa, unexpected boobs, but is quick enough to tilt her mouth up for the kiss. Then, smiling, she reaches to tangle a hand in Cass's hair and pull her down then kisses her, long and lingering.

"I guess he does." Then she thinks aback the conversation on the rooftop, to the meetings in the Batcave and Batman Incorporated. It was possible that he actually wanted to have her around, that he trusted her to do the job. She smiles a little bit. "Maybe he really does."

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-09 06:51 pm (UTC)(link)
Smiling slightly as she looks up at her, she reaches to smooth her thumb along Cass's cheekbone. All the places they're pressed together, feet, hips, Cass's hands on her back, are warm and comfortable. They fit together like they're meant to.

It's strange to be in a bed with someone, especially a naked someone, and not be fumbling toward sex. Unusual that this is something to be savored instead of something to rush through in hopes of getting it over with quickly. It makes for a nice change.

"You were the only one who believed in me." She tipped her mouth up to meet the kiss and slung an arm around her to hold her close. "What do you see in me?"

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-09 08:24 pm (UTC)(link)
Cass's touch on her bare back wakes up her skin, nerves lighting up to steady touch they haven't experienced since she was small and sick enough to warrant one of her mother's backrubs. Steph resolves to wear backless shirts, wander around topless, whatever it takes to get Cass to touch her like this, more than just a means to an end.

Steph smiles against her shoulder and leans forward to wrap her arms around Cass to hold her close. Everywhere she touches, she's warm. "You're already the best of us."

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-10 12:35 am (UTC)(link)
Steph lets out a tiny sound of pleasure and rolls her shoulders to encourage her to keep going. "More like that, please."

"Yeah, and I can't speak Portugese like Bruce or do computer voodoo magic like Babs or Tim." She pulls back to look at Cass and push a lock of hair out of her eyes. "You don't have to be perfect. You're a really, really good person."

Cass takes all the bad things that's happened to her, this horrendous childhood, and turns it into something beautiful. Everyone else would become bitter and twisted, he'll, most people would skip cynical and land straight into supervillain territory. Not Cass though. Never her.

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-10 04:20 pm (UTC)(link)
Her eyes fall shut and she hums in contentment as Cass explores the planes of her back. Arching up into it almost unconsciously. Her back is just, well, her back, the utilitarian bit of her that she can't quite reach in the shower. But Cass is touching her like it matters, like she's worth taking your time with.

Steph kisses her once, briefly and then again before squeezing her tightly. "I know you are. I've seen you. You're so, so good."

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-10 05:38 pm (UTC)(link)
"You don't have to feel good to be good." Stephanie brushes a kisses against her hair then her temple. Then she leans back, tugging Cass along with her so that she's lying on her back against the bed and Cass is sprawled on top of her. It's not very dignified but Steph wraps her arms around her, and it feels good, it feels right. "Otherwise narcissists would be saints and those of us with self-image problems would be super-villains. What matters is what you do, and you help people, Cass. You do it for the right reasons too."

Then Steph smiles and looks away, and all that self-consciousness and doubt comes rushing back in. "That's what I think, anyway."

Like she has any room to talk to about what makes someone a good person. But it's Cass, Cassandra Cain, who cares about people more than anyone. If anyone's good, it's her.

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-10 07:53 pm (UTC)(link)
Any other time, they would be reaching maximum sexiness right about now. Cass's breasts are pressed against hers, and she's got a leg between her thighs. They're breathing together. But it's more than that right now. Cass's touch to her stomach is exploring instead of intentioned, and also just a little bit ticklish. It's nice. The whole thing is just...more than Steph could have hoped for, ever.

Maybe if they just stay up all night, this won't all go away in the morning.

"I try really hard to be good," she admits. Her hand comes up to smooth through Cass's hair. "I have a lot to make up for, you know?"

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-10 11:48 pm (UTC)(link)
"It's easier when there's two."

She keeps a hand stroking over Cass's hair and her mind goes back there. One stupid mistake and she'd gotten hundreds of people killed. Gotham had almost fallen apart and it had been her fault. It made sense that Black Mask had caught her, it was like she'd earned it-

No. No.

That's not the path she's going down. She's not going to think those thoughts and feel this way forever when she'd been a dumb kid who'd made a dumb mistake. She's got to live what it. That's hard enough.

"Sometimes I think I could be good for the rest of my life, save the world, and it won't make up for what happened. And it's hard. All because I wanted to prove myself to him."

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-11 04:43 am (UTC)(link)
Steph tilts Cass's head up, leans forward to press a kiss against her mouth. Speaking, for once, without words.

Whatever they'd do, atonement or redemption or just helping people so that girls don't have to grow up like they did, they'd do it. Together. And they're Batgirls. Together, they're basically unstoppable.

But she's Stephanie Brown, and there's only so long she can go without talking. So she murmurs against her lips. "Cass...I'm really glad you're here."

[identity profile] teambatgirl.livejournal.com 2011-12-12 01:49 pm (UTC)(link)
Smiling, she opens her mouth into the kiss, fingers curled into Cass's hair to hold her close. It's easy and simple and perfect.

"I'm glad too. Plan to be for a good long while."