Cassandra Cain (
kinesicist) wrote2011-12-14 11:26 pm
Entry tags:
(no subject)
I slip through the doors of the building, moving through the shadows and down the stairs before waiting for Steph. I can't be seen with her, I can't let them know I was here watching them or protecting them. Pressing into a dark recess, I hold my breath waiting and watching as someone passes by me. Ducking behind them, I move in perfect sync with them lurking in the shadows behind them.
Brushing golden hair out of the way with a gloved finger, I lean in close and whisper a dark and grim 'Boo'.
I smile. I could watch her all night in that suit, it is very distracting.
Brushing golden hair out of the way with a gloved finger, I lean in close and whisper a dark and grim 'Boo'.
I smile. I could watch her all night in that suit, it is very distracting.

no subject
And still, Cass surprises her.
Stephanie turns and grins at her as she captures Cass's gloved fingers between hers. "Oh, no, has the Batgirl found me?"
no subject
Cassandra let her smile and the way she looked Steph over in the suit answer the question.
"Your turns are quicker," Cassandra replied eventually. "Are all the parties like that one?"
no subject
It's not that different, her and Cass. They're still best friends, they still train. They play tag and curl up against London night's chill. It's just that sometimes there are kisses too.
If sometimes Stephanie wakes up in the middle of the night convinced convinced that Cass is going to want to take off her dating training wheels and find herself a boyfriend, well, everyone has dark thoughts in the middle of the night. They seem worlds away when Cass is looking at her like that.
Stephanie tugs her hand along and starts down the street. "Nope, that was wilder. Cassie said they usually have those parties in the caves. I guess it's a chance for kids to let loose and do something stupid."
no subject
Letting go of her wrist, Cass followed Steph as she tugged her along and the pair began to walk together down the street.
"In the caves? Like the batcave?" Cassandra asked quiet and thoughtful. "Cut loose? I heard that before. Because of existential angst?"
Cassandra didn't know words like that, they were newly taught.
no subject
"No, decidedly not like the batcave, because I think Alfred comes to swat at you with a broom if you think about getting high in there. Just the regular caves on the islands." Smiling, she shrugs. "Sure, I guess, because there is no pain like that of a growing up a teenager. And, well- people want to let go sometimes, so why not strap on a corset and get stoned, I guess."
no subject
"Hnnn, he always makes this face when I am home and he is cleaning." Cassandra said with a small, fond smile. "The people here would not last five seconds against him."
Cassandra looked at Steph quiet and curious. "You didn't wear a corset or get stoned."
no subject
"Nope." She shakes her head, swinging their hands between them. "Because for one thing I have earned a corset-free evening. And I feel so stupid after smoking. But it's fun for other people. And as long as they do it responsibly, by all means."
no subject
Cass watched their hands, letting Steph swing them and build momentum. It felt nice, relaxed and not- it had been different with Kon. This was nicer. This felt different. Warmer.
"You feel stupid? Hnnn, I wouldn't know I've never tried or drinking or... he doesn't approve, I think." Cassandra said thinking of Bruce's disapproving face.
no subject
She laughs and shakes her head. He can probably tell they're even talking about it like a disapproving parental bat signal lighting up in the sky. Bat Dad. "No, I don't think he does. I'm probably an awful influence for even mentioning it. But if you ever want to try it, you can." Stephanie smiles at her. "If you do ever want to, it doesn't have to be at a party like that."
no subject
"How?" Cass asked. Her father had asked her, Alfred and Barbara hadn't either so Cass had no concept on how to clean up after herself. "With you? Maybe... I don't know. I have to be in control or I could slip, make a mistake."
no subject
"I'm not saying you should or you shouldn't," she says evenly. "There is definitely an element of losing control so, you know, maybe you wouldn't like it. But if you do, I mean- we could just drink wine with dinner, not absinthe in a palace. No big deal either way."
no subject
"What if they're dirty?" Cassandra asked, glancing at Steph tucked into her side. Leaning her body into the other girl's, Cass walked with her towards their home. "Just us at home. Like a date?"
no subject
"Sure." It hadn't been a date before just now, it'd just been...Cass and Steph, best friends, roommates, doing dinner. But now- yes. A date. She smiles at her. "Definitely. And if you want, we could just do dinner. Something special. It doesn't have to involve wine. I was just saying- if you wanted to try it, then that would be a better way than going to one of those parties." Be the responsible friend, Steph.
no subject
"Okay," Cass said, finally agreeing. "And I wouldn't- at the parties. I have to patrol, keep people safe but at home with you, it might be... hmmm nice?"
Cass smiled, curling her fingertips around Steph's arm before they reached their apartment. Squeezing her hand, Cass let go before quietly racing up the stairs into the apartment. Making sure she wasn't seen Cass slipped into their flat before she started to remove her uniform. Letting the coat slip off to expose bare shoulders, Cass folded the coat reverently and tucked it out of sight. She paused, hesitating, for once not removing the rest of her clothes but leaving the tight fitting top and trousers on.
no subject
She smiles at her. "It would be nice. We shall absolutely do that one night. Before Christmas at some point, if you want. We can mull it, or something. I've never done that before, but it sounds appropriately yuletide and cheery."
After Cass goes racing up the stairs, Steph takes her time. She locks the door, even if no one's likely to go breaking in consider about 95% of London's population being incorporeal, because safe's safe. Then she comes up and hangs her coat up and slips her shoes off. "So, what shall we do now?"
no subject
"Tag," Cass murmured, smile lingering on her lips, her hand on Steph's waist before she rolled off and up onto her feet. Springing over the couch putting as much distance between her and Steph as she could in the small apartment.
no subject
"So that's how you want to play, huh?" She gets up to her feet slowly, eyes never leaving Cass. She feints left then goes right around the firm, not-especially comfortable sofa, arms reaching out to snag her.
no subject
Watching Steph, Cass moved with her noting the slight tell and shift in her center before she moved. Cass moved right then left, Steph's fingers catching her.
no subject
In this instance, she is willing to be a really bad tag player. Just this once, a temporary suspension of the no-holds-barred ultimate tag game.
no subject
"Tag," Cass murmured before smiling, her foot pressing quick to the back of Steph's ankle so that they would both go down but this time onto the sofa.
no subject
"You've tagged me." Steph smiles and opens her mouth to kiss Cass's pretty mouth. "I'm it." Thank God for London and father-son apartments and getting to kiss in the living room without Bruce fucking Wayne being disappointed dad in their presence.
no subject
"You're it," Cass agreed simply, smiling as Steph spread her fingers through her hair. A soft curl of warmth fluttered in her stomach as she smiled, leaning into the brush of lips against her own before she deepened the kiss. Bare foot running down Steph's leg as she shifted her weight, Cass moved her hand down Steph's arm and to her waist. Her fingers making a gentle, teasing pattern against the shirt fabric she had been looking at all evening.
no subject
With Cass like this, everything fades away so that it's just her, and her hands, the touch of her mouth. Relaxing into just that same focus except any bruises are going to be fun-time hickey bruises. Steph slides her tongue into her mouth and wraps an arm around her neck to hold her close. "And does being it come with special make-out privileges?"
no subject
"Hmmm, maybe." Cass replies soft, inhaling as she coaxes Steph's tongue with her own. A soft noise as she lingers against warm lips, her thumb pressing against bare skin. Each moment spent studying, learning the way Steph is; the smiles against her mouth, the arched back, the way it feels in her arms. "For you if you wear this... or if you don't wear this."
She meant it innocently but words are so complex and she doesn't understand the heated implication.
no subject
"If I wear this or I don't wear this," she agrees and smiles up at Cass as she trails her fingers idly along one of Cass's bare arms. It's not quite cold in the apartment but they could use a roaring fire, and still Cass's skin is welcome warmth. "Is that still in place if I wear one of those frothy long-sleeved nightmares that pass as nightgowns around here? Because those are like anti-sexy. Everyone's a maiden aunt wearing one of those."
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)